Saturday, February 14, 2009

three weeks in guanajuato

I've been here in Guanajuato, Mexico for three weeks now. Tomorrow I leave for Acapulco to meet up with the lovelies Ashley and Kristen.

The title of this blog comes from yesterday, when I went with my teacher to a small pueblo just outside of Santa Rosa and heard my first ''¡oye guera!'' A very important moment for me and my life in Mexico.
These pictures are really out of order, because blogspot is surprisingly difficult to edit.
Enjoy!


Climbing up to ''La Bufa.'' Our final destination is the top of the hill on the right.


Made it


Agave plant on the way to la bufa


guanajuato from la bufa

My hostel, from the roof.


A street I walk down every day to school.


Escuela Mexicana


Iglesia


Iglesia and the main plaza, Jardin Union

University of Guanajuato


Graduation Day! On the roof of Escuela Mexicana


Hanging out with Brenda and Fer my first day in Guanajuato


My first margarita in Mexico

Cesar and Fernando, the two boys of the family I stayed with, (on either side of me) and Cesar's friends.


One of my favorite things about traveling: (l to r) Matthias is from Sweden, Ashlie is from Seattle, Heather is from Canada, and Tony is from Australia

On the steps of Teatro Juarez, where students are always sitting, meeting, making out, etc.

Cooking class!

Went to a cantina with one of my teachers. there was a urinal right next to the bar.

It got quite a bit of use.

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!! I'm so glad you have a blog! I solomnly swear to check this cada dia so you'd better update MUCHO! :)
    The city looks so beautiful! Are you sad to leave?
    hooray! Have tons of fun mi amiga. I will be praying for you. Love you Erin,
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness I can't believe they just pull over to the wall and pee right in front of everyone! That is hilarious, good timing on the pic!

    ReplyDelete